The Cove Youth Project
Cove Guardian Nicole McLachlan has initiated a project whereby our youth may get involved to help bring awareness to the atrocities of Taiji’s dolphin holocaust. She is requesting photographs or fifteen-second videos that should have many young people as possible expressing their displeasure for the dolphin massacres.
I would like for you to consider the possibilities here. This is a chance for you to get your community involved! Tell your children, nieces, nephews and neighbors about this. They will be in a video that will be seen worldwide. They will be able to do something for the cause and get their 15 seconds of fame at the same time!
Take this opportunity to go to your local schools and share this project. In the process, you will be able to educate others as well. This is your ticket! This is how you can get your foot in the door. If you have been wondering how to even begin to share ‘The Cove’ with your town, this is it. You can march right into your nearest school, boys’ club, girls’ club or Y.M.C.A. and say, “I’d like to give the children here an opportunity to be in a a video that will be broadcast worldwide!” That’s your introduction! Local businesses will even allow you to put up fliers on the subject.
I have some ideas for videos and photos that I would like to share. If you get enough children, you can have them lie on the ground in the shape of a dolphin or whatever you can think of. Use your imagination. Let them give some ideas to you. Let them be actively involved with the process.
You could have everyone wear shirts that they have written on and decorated to say, “Stop Killing Dolphins!” or whatever they wish to put on their shirts. They could all make signs. They could each hold a sign with a different letter to spell out what they want to say. The possibilities are endless! So what are you waiting for?
Read more on the project at Path To Protect: Click Here!
Please Visit my New Facebook Page,
- Sting Teams Up With Ric O’Barry (huffingtonpost.com)
- Sting meets dolphin advocate, hopes for debate (sfgate.com)
- Sting enters Taiji fray, urges talks to end cull (search.japantimes.co.jp)
- Sting Thinks Public Debate Will Help Stop Dolphin Slaughter in Taiji (ecorazzi.com)
- Sting meets dolphin advocate, hopes for debate (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Lonely Taiji Dolphin in Captivity Captivates the World (animals.change.org)
- From ‘Flipper’ to ‘The Cove:’ Grassroots Activism at its Best with Ric O’Barry and the Earth Island Institute (switchboard.nrdc.org)
- ‘The Cove’ director fights Japan scientist lawsuit (sfgate.com)
- ‘The Cove’ In Taiji, Japan Persists With Dolphin Hunt (huffingtonpost.com)
- Japanese village kills dolphins but frees young (foxnews.com)