Did You Miss the Show?
Yesterday was the official opening of dolphin hunting season in Taiji, Japan of Wakayama Prefecture (as depicted in the Oscar winning documentary The Cove). Thousands around the world stood outside their local Japanese consulates and embassies to voice their displeasure of this atrocitiy against intelligent sentient beings. Unfortunately, I was not able to make the trip to Atlanta. I’d like to thank Marth Brock and my friends who attended for keeping me in mind during the protest.
I did, however, have the honor of listening in to Joseph Aquilino’s online radio show. His guest for the special two-hour show was none other than Sandy McElhaney of Save Misty the Dolphin. A couple of the callers actually spent time in Taiji, Japan. I won’t say who they are because I don’t want to ruin it for you. So turn up your speakers and give a listen. Who knows? You just may even hear little ole me. That is, if you listen to the whole show.
- Typhoon delays Taiji dolphin hunt (search.japantimes.co.jp)
- The Cove Slaughter resumes September 1, take action: participate, sign petition, send sample letter (ourcompass.wordpress.com)
- You: Typhoon delays Taiji dolphin hunt (search.japantimes.co.jp)
- ‘Cove’ star urges dolphin-watching, not killing (sfgate.com)
- Ric O’Barry, ‘Cove’ Star, Urges Dolphin-Watching, Not Killing (huffingtonpost.com)
- As Taiji Prepares to Begin Dolphin Slaughter, The Cove Diector Creates “Dolphin Project Team” (treehugger.com)
- ‘The Cove’ star praises dolphin-watching in Japan (ctv.ca)
- Share #TheCove DVD (holisecleveland.wordpress.com)
- The #Taiji Dolphin Killing Drives and “Countdown to #TheCove” (holisecleveland.wordpress.com)
- Countdown to #TheCove Telephone Protest (holisecleveland.wordpress.com)