Finally! Utopia is Closer Than You Think #WeAreThe99%
You’ve said it. I’ve said it. We’ve all said that if all activists, everywhere, would concentrate on one issue at a time that we could claim victory after glorious victory. We have planeteers fighting for clean air, renewable energy or rain forest preservation. Utopians rally for the end of factory farming, fur, leather and Snapperfest. Ocean activists fight to stop whaling, shark finning, sealing and the slaughter of thousands of dolphins in Taiji, Japan. Human rights advocates want to feed the world, provide clean water or insure civil rights. Imagine if we all focused on one specific issue. There would be millions of us working together and our sheer numbers would accomplish miracles!
Whatever you passion, whatever your cause is, it can be remedied by getting your government on your side. You can save the planet, the animals and the people if only your government would lend you a voice! In the Academy Award winning documentary The Cove, we see how the Japanese government lies to its people. In A Fall From Freedom, we see how Seaworld has bought out politicians to manipulate the laws. In Forks Over Knives we learn how the government has lied to us for decades in the interest of corporations and the money that feeds greed. Everything goes back to big business and corrupt systems. If only we could get money out of politics, we could save the world!
Guess what! It’s happening! There are thousands around the world who are working to do this. They are not simply signing petitions and protesting. They are not making a documentary. They are not even on a hunger strike. Instead, they have planted themselves in public view and refuse to move until the problem is solved. They are “occupying” their cities!
The movement started with about a dozen people in New York City. Now there are thousands and it is growing. You may say, “Oh, well I am not into politics.” Well, neither am I and chances are, neither are they. We don’t want politics to be an issue when it comes to saving the air we breathe, innocent animals or our planet’s life blood: the oceans. That is exactly what the Occupy Wall Street movement has addressed in their Official Statement. See Video below . . .
Many of us are still in the flooding basement with our favorite buckets. We are attempting to toss the water out of the windows while someone else (Occupy Wall Street) has come along to fix the leak once and for all! We are still trying to pamper the symptoms while they are determined to cut out the cancer. We finally have a unified single cause that addresses everything we fight for. We finally have a specific solution that will rid this world of evil. Have you figured it out yet? It’s rather simple when you think about it. Revolution!
Join with me! Put down your buckets and support the revolution! Spread the word about Wall Street. Visit the occupied city nearest you and lend a hand. Donate food, water and supplies. If possible, join them in their occupation!
We are the media and it is our duty to get the news out!
∞ “By being inattentive to the needs of others, inevitably we end up harming them.” ~ Dalai Lama
∞ “A time comes when silence is betrayal.” ~ Martin Luther King, Jr
∞ “The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.” ~ Albert Einstein
- ‘A New Shift in Power': Documentary Offers an Intimate Look at Occupy Wall Street (newsfeed.time.com)
- #Occupy #OccupyWallStreet (dave-lucas.blogspot.com)
- #OccupyWallStreet and the #Climate Movement (ismaelmelendez.wordpress.com)
- Jewish Labor Committee in Support of Occupy Wall Street (talkingunion.wordpress.com)
- World Event To End Animal Cruelty Today…. (howlingforjustice.wordpress.com)
- PHOTOS: The Best Signs Of #OccupyWallStreet (huffingtonpost.com)
- My Favorite #OccupyWallStreet Photo So Far (bagnewsnotes.com)
- America rises to battle fat cats (rt.com)
- Occupy Wall Street roundup, Day 21 (dailykos.com)
- Live Blog for #OccupyWallStreet: Day 22, Occupation to Launch Second Assembly in Washington Square (dissenter.firedoglake.com)
- Why the Washington Establishment Is Heeding Occupy Wall Street (swampland.time.com)
- Live Blog for #OccupyWallStreet: Day 19 – The Big March, Late Afternoon/Evening Edition (dissenter.firedoglake.com)
- Snapperfest – What Are They Really Hiding? (holisecleveland.wordpress.com)
- Bottlenose Dolphins Slaughtered in The Cove (championsforcetaceans.com)
- California Bans Shark Fin Trade (aboutashark.wordpress.com)
- What the USDA Doesn’t Want You to Know About Antibiotics and Factory Farms (tipggita32.wordpress.com)
- #Indiana #SNAPPERFEST: What We Can Do (holisecleveland.wordpress.com)
- Radio Show Recording | #TheCove #Snapperfest #JGF (holisecleveland.wordpress.com)
- Miami, Florida Stands Up for The Dolphins of Taiji (championsforcetaceans.com)
- Seattle, Washington Stands Up For the Dolphins of Taiji (championsforcetaceans.com)
- News of #Indiana Snapperfest Spreading Worldwide (holisecleveland.wordpress.com)
- Irrefutable Proof that #Seaworld Does Not Care (holisecleveland.wordpress.com)