Dolphins are still being slaughtered in Taiji, Japan but they are feeling the pressure and we are the ones applying it. I am a cyber activist and I am a part of a network of thousands of others who are making a difference via our calls, faxes and emails. Join with me today and add to our numbers. Below, you will find the tools you need to join us in our crusade. The Japanese Prime Minister, Japanese consulates and embassies throughout the world are receiving thousands of emails, faxes and phone calls every day. The fishermen devils of Taiji have received the brunt of our blows by having to take special measures to do their sinister jobs. We are at the dawn of a new age of change and hope for Mother Earth and dolphinkind, but we need your help. With eleven of you, I make a dozen. With ninety-nine of you, I make a hundred. But I cannot do it without each and every one of you. You matter! Never give up! For the Dolphins!
How to Call Taiji, Japan from the United States
Dial 011 (the international access code)
Dial 81 (the country code for Japan)
Dial 73 (the city code for the city you wish to call)
Dial the rest of the telephone number
Tip on sending e-mails – one way to avoid having emails “bounce back” is to use multiple email accounts when sending mail.
Dolphin Base Resort - where Misty & the other captives are being held. Dolphin Base exports captive dolphins all over the world & keeps many there in overcrowded, inhumane conditions. Their trainers are brought to the Cove during hunts. They select their captives & leave the rest for slaughter. Dolphin Base trainers have been witness to the slaughter.
note: Dolphin Base & Dolphin Resort are in one complex. Dolphin Base is where the dolphins are held. Dolphin Resort is the name for the hotel.
Fisherman’s Union – This is the headquarters of the brutal fishermen of Taiji including the notorious “Private Space”
The name of the leader is Hirofumi Seko
The name of the sales manager is Yoshifumi Kai
Fax: 81-559-3018 ***NEW FAX NUMBER*** Thank you Ronda Carter!
Taiji Mayor Kazutaka Sangen @ City Hall
As reported by the Associated Press on 8/23/2010 -”We will pass down the history of our ancestors to the next generation, preserve it. We have a strong sense of pride about this,” Mayor Kazutaka Sangen told The Associated Press in an exclusive interview. “So we are not going to change our plans for the town based on the criticism of foreigners.”
Mr. Yoshiki Kimura, Governor of Wakayama prefecture
(issues the drive fishery permit)
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Taiji Whale Museum – Keeps live dolphin & whales in isolation & inhumane conditions
Phone: 81-73-559-2400 or 81-73-559-2487
Tourism Bureau, Wakayama Prefecture
FAX : 81-73-427-1523
E-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
URL : http://kanko.wiwi.co.jp/world/english/index.html
Links to Japanese Embassies Worldwide
To send communications in Japanese, use Google Translator
Google Translator can also be used when you call Taiji. When you hit “listen” on the left hand side, the Google lady says whatever you typed. Just hold the phone up to the speaker.
Thank you for taking the time to speak out on behalf of the vulnerable dolphins of Taiji. If you note any errors or updates in the contact information we have provided, please notify the “Save Misty the Dolphin Facebook” Community Page Administrators.
- Support Save Japan Dolphins
- Read Weekly Sea Shepherd Cove Guardian Reports from those on the ground in Taiji, Japan
- Visit Save Japan Dolphins on Facebook
- Follow Save Japan Dolphins on Twitter
- Visit Save Misty the Dolphin on Facebook
- Visit Save Misty the Dolphin on Blogspot
- Also read how you can Share The Cove DVD!
“A time comes when silence is betrayal.” – Martin Luther King
- Share #TheCove DVD (holisecleveland.wordpress.com)
- Urgent Call to Action – Another Sick #dolphin at #taiji Dolphin Base (holisecleveland.wordpress.com)
- The #Taiji Dolphin Killing Drives and “Countdown to #TheCove” (holisecleveland.wordpress.com)
- Countdown to #TheCove Telephone Protest (holisecleveland.wordpress.com)
- Did You Miss the Show? #TheCove (holisecleveland.wordpress.com)
- Taiji Japan Doesn’t Just Slaughter Dolphins (championsforcetaceans.com)
- Taiji, Japan Holds Security Drill To Prep For Dolphin Hunt Activists (treehugger.com)
- ‘The Cove’ star praises dolphin-watching in Japan (ctv.ca)
- #Seattle, Washington Stands Up for the Dolphins of #Taiji #Wakayama (holisecleveland.wordpress.com)
- ‘Cove’ star urges dolphin-watching, not killing (sfgate.com)
- ‘The Cove’ by Ariana Gillis (holisecleveland.wordpress.com)
- Where Will You Be Next Week? (climateofourfuture.wordpress.com)