by Pete Mander
The 60′s…along came Carolina Snowball Beluga Whale! What the heck was a white whale it seemed so rare. I knew that I wanted to be a dolphin trainer. How I wondered what it would be like to have you Carolina as my friend. I was a young child looking at this wonderful animal with wonderment. I dreamed of standing at the Dolphin Show on the bow of that dingy, just like Ric, Ric O’Barry used to do, and have these wonderful animals rise up to meet me from the water, I would then blow the whistle and give them a fishy treat. I visited the Miami Seaquarium quite regularly in my younger years. I have a friend that worked as a trainer in 1990. She quit. I often wondered why would she quit just a wonderful job. Swimming with the Dolphins, mingling with the seals. Maybe she really couldn’t say. Maybe she saw the truth. She was as animal lover, a vet tech.
How I loved to watch that Shark spinning advertising the Miami Seaquarium . While we waited to make a left turn into Rickenbacker Causeway I would stare at the Seaquarium advertising it was a shark, a stuffed tiger shark at the entrance to Key Biscayne and you had to pay a dime to pay for the toll. Yes a dime. Tolls were not that expensive then, now its $1.00 or it could be higher 4 years after I left Dade County. The stuffed, dessicated Tiger shark advertising the Seaquarium it spun around and around. I remember one year someone put a mannequin’s leg in the mouth of that shark with fake blood and all it made the news. I think it was around the time that “Jaws” the movie had become a hit and how all of us got scared of going into the water. Read More . . .
by Cheryl E Gordon
Purpose: I made this blog in support of the Creatures of the Seas and their Human Champions, Fighting for their Cause. I have Posted some of my favorite Champions here and on some I have included a brief Notation of their Purpose/Mission.
To the Right of the Blog, I have posted Champions of the Seas Links That I Found Helpful and Insightful.
There are More Out there I Know, and I am Still Looking to Include …. If you have a blog that is of focus on Healing of the Oceans and their Inhabitants, please let me know. Thanks!
I have the Dolphins of Taiji Closest to My Heart at this Time, so I wrote a Poem for them and to Challenge the World to Helping them Overcome Their Plight. The Japanese have been Persecuting them Relentlessly in the Cove of Taiji to Their Deaths and Capture. I plan on writing a Tune to my Poem Soon, and will Post a Video when I do. Cheer me On!
I do Need Your Help to keep this list accurate and effective. Read More . . .
- Captive for an Audience: Lolita’s Story (animals.change.org)
- Consequences of the Taiji Dolphin Roundup Reach Egypt (animals.change.org)
- Are all sharks live birth? (greenanswers.com)
- The death of TV as we know it (thestar.com)
- Everyone’s a Kid at Miami Seaquarium This Summer (eon.businesswire.com)
- Miami’s “Biggest” Star Extends Open Invitation to the Miami Heat’s Triple Crown–Lebron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh (eon.businesswire.com)
- South Florida’s Favorite Easter Egg Hunt Celebration at Miami Seaquarium (eon.businesswire.com)
- ‘The Cove’ Dolphin Hunt Village, Taiji, Japan, To Hold First-Ever Meeting Between Fishermen And Anti-Hunting Activists, Including Ric O’Barry (huffingtonpost.com)
- MY TURN: Lolita the Orca Is Safe From Oil Pollution (kitsapsun.com)
- Let’s shift some paradigms… And win! (timesunion.com)
- Paradigm shifts in marketing (christopherspenn.com)
- Paradigm shifts – why the market leaders get left behind (dondodge.typepad.com)
- Why Mac OS X Lion is a paradigm shift for computers (dvice.com)
- New Era of Cyber WAR, NOT (warintel.blogspot.com)
- Is traditional content licensing fit for the digital age? (mediafuturist.com)
- The Party of the Internet – Something New in Politics Evolving Along With A Need to Recognize This New Paradigm (ducknetweb.blogspot.com)
- Shifting the Paradigm for Customer Support by Leveraging Knowledge from Existing Virtual Agents – noHold, Inc. Announces Confederated Knowledge™ (eon.businesswire.com)
- John Hopkins Study: Gene-Environment Interactions Influence Psychiatric Disorders (autisminnb.blogspot.com)