#Whales, #Dolphins, #SeaWorld and Bob Irwin
[The investigative report uncovered the use of cash bribes, vacations and even prostitution as a means to secure support for the Japanese whaling agenda.]
As fans of the hit Animal Planet television series Whale Wars (Friday night at 9:00 p.m.) know, the Southern Ocean Whale Sanctuary is an area surrounding Antarctica in which all types of commercial whaling are banned. Despite this ban, in 2010, Japan sent a fleet of whaling vessels into the Southern Ocean with permits
for the slaughter of 935 Minke whales, 50 fin whales and 50 humpback whales — all under the guise of “research”. The Japanese whaling fleet was quickly met by Captain Paul Watson and his fleet of Sea Shepherd Conservation Society activists. As the episodes are currently airing, I won’t spoil the outcome for you, but will share the story of an
other “Whale Wars” getting set to kick-off in the Channel Islands in just a few short days.
Dolphins Kept Vigil on Irishmans’s Body
A GRIEVING mother said yesterday that she drew comfort at her son’s funeral yesterday after learning that a pod of dolphins had kept a vigil on his body after his fatal accident in Australia.
Shaun McBride, from Co Donegal, died in a tragic accident less than two weeks ago in Dampier, Western Australia, when scaffolding collapsed into the water beneath him.
SeaWorld Sees Another Year of Declining Attendance
For the third year in a row, attendance at the marine parks slipped, while other parks, notably Universal Studios in Orlando and Hollywood, saw significant gains, according to a new report released this week by AECOM and the nonprofit Themed Entertainment Association.
In San Diego, SeaWorld’s attendance fell by more than 9 percent, while other Southern California theme parks all saw gains, the report revealed. Universal Studios Orlando reaped huge rewards from last year’s opening of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, while Universal Hollywood benefited from the debut of King Kong 360 3-D.
Continue Reading at SIGN ON SAN DIEGO The San Diego Union-Tribune
Bob Irwin Tells Why He is Entering Politics
- The countdown begins! (nicolemclachlan.wordpress.com)
- Japanese Research Whaling One Big IWC Loophole (championsforcetaceans.com)
- ScienceShot: Right Whales, Finally Coming Home (news.sciencemag.org)
- Why Fukushima May Be Good for Whales (ecocentric.blogs.time.com)
- From Brisbane to the Great Barrier Reef! (nicolemclachlan.wordpress.com)
- Paddle Out For Whales! (nicolemclachlan.wordpress.com)
- Dot Earth: ‘Whale Wars’ Leader: ‘Arrest Me or Shut Up’ (dotearth.blogs.nytimes.com)
- The Whale Wars Season Premiere (thedailybeast.com)
- Paul Watson Recalls Civil War’s Whale Wars (dotearth.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Watch Whale Wars Season Four Episode 1: Battle Cry Free Online Stream (socyberty.com)
- Watch Minke Whales On The Great Barrier Reef (greatbarrierreefholidaysaustralia.wordpress.com)