Sharon Osbourne, @MrsSOsbourne Pls Don’t Swim with #Dolphins! #TheCove
Sharon Osbourne recently participated in a Swim with Dolphins program and that attracted the attention of those who believe dolphins should not be forced to live in captivity. I am an ocean activist so I am in conflict with Sharon Osbourne, but I must clarify what I mean by “conflict”. I define it as something that is caused by having a different level of understanding of an issue. At first glance, Swim with Dolphin programs appear benign, but there is a darker, more sinister reality.
I am neither a fan nor a detractor of Sharon Osbourne. I understand from friends who follow celebrities that she is an articulate, hard-working professional who is extremely committed to her projects. Sharon, we have a project for you. Please join our campaign to put an end to whale and dolphin captivity.
Dolphins in captivity have a very high death rate and they suffer from pneumonia, various infections, stomach ulcers, and stress, and whales and dolphins that are born in captivity often die within the first weeks or months of their lives. Dolphins are amazing, highly social, sentient creatures and captivity causes endless pain and suffering. The optics of Swim with Dolphin programs are enhanced by smoke and mirrors, but make no mistake, there is pain behind the dolphins’ smile.
The horrific dolphin slaughter in Taiji is driven by the live dolphin trade. I am a Cove Veteran and I have witnessed the dolphin slaughter in Taiji. The dolphins that survive this brutal drive fishery are traumatized because they witnessed the death of their families. These captives are packed in coffin-like boxes filled with ice and shipped as cargo. They then spend the remainder of their lives “dying to amuse us”.
Please watch the Academy Award winning move, “The Cove”. If you love dolphins, seeing this movie is a life-changing experience. Here is something else you should see. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uBfafEcqGU&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Folks, we want Sharon’s support, so please, no personal attacks. I have no quarrel with Sharon, but I acknowledge we have a different level of understanding regarding dolphin captivity and we hope to close the gap.
Sharon, come stand with the Cove Guardians in Taiji. When you speak, people will listen. The dolphins need you because the slaughter starts again in September.
For the Oceans,
To learn more about Swim with Dolphin programs, go to http://www.miamiseaprison.com/hsus-swim.htm
- The Cove and Dolphins (alivealways.wordpress.com)
- An Interview with Steven from Hundred Goals (elleswim.net)
- Chatting With… Sharon Osbourne! (perezhilton.com)
- Swim with dolphins in the wild – and this time its on their terms (theglobeandmail.com)
- Hayden Panettiere Says “Save the Whales” (fitsugar.com)
- Sharon Osbourne Has a Wacky Theory About Lindsay Lohan’s Positive Alcohol Test (VIDEO) (aoltv.com)
- Buy Ozzy And Sharon Osbourne’s Gorgeous Los Angeles Estate For $13 Million (thenewspundit.com)
- K&B Podcast Tuesday June 14th: Sharon Osbourne, Christine Miss Double D-cember & Thanks For That Info Bean (kroq.radio.com)
- Sharon Osbourne Wants to Lick Shemar Moore (VIDEO) (aoltv.com)