Fans Urge Sharon Osbourne to Come out of the #Dolphin Pool via @examinercom | @MrsSOsbourne
At issue is the growing awareness of the plight of dolphins in captivity. The 2009 Academy Award winning documentary The Cove brought to light the annual slaughter of thousands of dolphins in Taiji, Japan. According to the documentary’s star, Ric O’Barry, this slaughter is linked to the worldwide trafficking of dolphins for use in marine parks and “swim-with-dolphin” programs. In Taiji and elsewhere, dolphins are culled from the water, trained and sold for hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Various studies have shown that these animals experience a range of physical and mental health problems in confinement. These ailments are often linked to premature death. A 2010 report from the World Society for the Protection of Animals (WSPA) cited pneumonia, ulcers, trauma, mishandling by trainers, and chronic stress as the top causes of death among captive dolphins.
The news of the America’s Got Talent judge’s swim with a dolphin at a resort in Hawaii sparked an international facebook campaign…
Continue reading on Examiner.com Fans Urge Sharon Osbourne to Come out of the Dolphin Pool – Washington DC Animal Advocacy | Examiner.com
- Sharon Osbourne, @MrsSOsbourne Pls Don’t Swim with #Dolphins! #TheCove (holisecleveland.wordpress.com)
- Ric O’Barry And Son To Star In Animal Planet’s ‘Blood Dolphins’ (ecorazzi.com)
- TV tonight: America’s Got Talent (canada.com)
- Hollywood Reacts to ‘Not Guilty’ Verdict on Twitter (fresh1027.radio.com)
- Sharon Osbourne Asks Sarah Ferguson She Fell For Undercover Camera Hoax (VIDEO) (aoltv.com)
- Sharon Osbourne Talks America’s Got Talent, Kids And Ozzy (wzlx.radio.com)
- Sharon Osbourne Has a Wacky Theory About Lindsay Lohan’s Positive Alcohol Test (VIDEO) (aoltv.com)
- K&B Podcast Tuesday June 14th: Sharon Osbourne, Christine Miss Double D-cember & Thanks For That Info Bean (kroq.radio.com)
- Sharon Osbourne Wants to Lick Shemar Moore (VIDEO) (aoltv.com)
- Chatting With… Sharon Osbourne! (perezhilton.com)