The Perfect Gift
I was raised by my grandmother who lived to the ripe old age of ninety-eight. She was truly a remarkable person. When I was sixteen, I had a friend visiting who happened to mention that her birthday was in a couple of days. My grandmother excused herself and appeared minutes later with a wrapped gift and card.
Whenever she came across a sale or clearance items, she chose some of the best gifts for purchase. She would then bring them home and store them in one of her closets or under her bed. She also kept wrapping paper and cards on hand for any occasion. When someone’s birthday, anniversary or graduation day arrived, she only had to choose from her store of merchandise. At Christmas time she cleared out her closets, only to start filling them again with products from the after-Christmas bargains.
Christmas isn’t far away and I’m sure that you know someone with a birthday coming up. What better way to give than to donate to a worthy cause at the same time? Here are some great ideas . . .
- The Cove DVD and a Save Japan Dolphins polo shirt.
- Whale Wars season 1 and a Sea Shepherd hoodie.
- Sharkwater DVD and a Stop Shark Finning shrit.
- Earthlings DVD and shirt.
“The most compassionate form of giving is done with no thought or expectation of reward, and grounded in genuine concern for others.” – Dalai Lama
- Gift Closet (improveshionist.wordpress.com)
- An August Christmas (virginiabornandbred.wordpress.com)
- How to Make Doily Wrapping Paper (aratherlovelywedding.wordpress.com)
- Shameless Sin (via Traveling Pants Down Under II) (sheenastravels2.wordpress.com)
- Sometimes, ya gotta hit ’em over the head. (auntiekate.wordpress.com)
- The Near-Perfect Day (blarneycrone.wordpress.com)