Anheuser-Busch Denounces Snapperfest
The world was shocked just prior to August 20 when it was revealed that Indiana’s Campshore Campgrounds hosts an annual Turtle Torture-fest. The World Animal Awareness Society (WA2S.org) filmed just outside the event, capturing a Budweiser/Snapperfest banner in their lens. By all appearances, it would seem that Anheuser-Busch supported the sadistic circus, when in fact they did not and they do not! I was more than pleased to discover the following statement, concerning Snapperfest, on their Facebook page:
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We were not aware of this event before seeing your wall post and looked into the matter to learn more. Neither Anheuser-Busch nor our local independent wholesaler is a sponsor of Snapperfest. The Budweiser banner was brought to the event by a local retailer, without our knowledge. Anheuser-Busch does not support the activities at the event. For more than a century, we have prided ourselves on our reputation for treating animals with respect – from animal protection to animal rescue and rehabilitation to wildlife habitat preservation.
So, who is responsible for the banner of abuse? Who is this local retailer that would delight in profiting from the debasement of helpless creatures? Who would, so defiantly, attempt to bring shame upon the King of Beers? We shall soon find out!
- Visit Anheuser-Busch on Facebook
- Indiana Turtle Torture Takes Place Despite Protests from Activists Worldwide (The Examiner)
- Snapperfest – What Are They Really Hiding?
- World Animal Awareness Society (WA2S)
- Stop Snapperfest – petition at Change.org created by a 16-year old activist!
- Stop Snapperfest! – online event
- URGENT! Turtle Torture Event Scheduled!
- Wild Caught Turtles Tortured to Death
- Terrapin Torture in the Midwest
- List of Snapperfest Videos (YouTube)
“We are all animals of this planet. We are all creatures. And nonhuman animals experience pain sensations just like we do. They too are strong, intelligent, industrious, mobile, and evolutional. They too are capable of growth and adaptation. Like us, firsthand foremost, they are earthlings. And like us, they are surviving. Like us they also seek their own comfort rather than discomfort. And like us they express degrees of emotion. In short like us, they are alive.”– Joaquin Phoenix | quote from EARTHLINGS
- Indiana “Snapperfest”: Extreme cruelty to turtles, one petition, one sample letter (ourcompass.wordpress.com)
- Stop Snapperfest (legalaction4animalrights.net)
- Snapperfest – What Are They Really Hiding? (holisecleveland.wordpress.com)
- Budweiser Proudly Supports #Snapperfest (holisecleveland.wordpress.com)