Never Before Seen Footage that Seaworld Does Not Want You to See
Published on May 13, 2012 by BeardedFrog7
This footage was given to Ralph Munro, who gave it to Orca Network, to use to educate the public about the orca captures.
Uncut footage of the 1971 Penn Cove orca capture footage, taken by Don McGaffin’s crew. Shows rarely seen interviews of one of the cameramen, Paul Spong, Don Goldsberry, founding director of Vancouver Aquarium, and footage of the orca roundup court hearings. The court battle would eventually result in banning SeaWorld and other marine parks from capturing orcas off of Washington coast in 1976
If you are in the least bit curious about this subject, you will want to watch The Cove and A Fall from Freedom.
- Judge dismisses suit to free orca from captivity (miamiherald.com)
- Vallejo’s 6 Flags Under Fire For Orca’s Living Conditions (sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com)
- Dead orca found near Long Beach was from Puget Sound population (oregonlive.com)
- Dead endangered orca found at Long Beach (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Lawsuit To Free Lolita The Killer Whale Dismissed (miami.cbslocal.com)
- Dead orca found at Long Beach (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Rare White Orca Seen Off Russia (rainsoftottawa.wordpress.com)
- West Seattle Whale Watch: Orcas make a splash! (westseattleblog.com)