Interview: Samantha Berg on US Gov’s Beluga Whale Importation Hearing
Former trainer for Seaworld, Samantha Berg, sheds some light on the controversy surrounding Georgia Aquarium’s desperate attempt to import eighteen beluga whales from Russia.
Published on Oct 21, 2012 by Jeffrey Ventre
“Controversy is brewing over the Georgia Aquarium’s plan to import 18 beluga whales captured off the coast of Russia. If the U.S. government approves the plan, it will mark the first time in nearly two decades that wild-caught cetaceans have been imported into an aquarium in the United States.”
Georgia Aquarium’s Beluga Whale Capture Comes Under Fire
Samantha Berg is a member of Voice of the Orcas — a group of former marine mammal trainers who are now fighting for freedom of cetaceans in concrete prisons.
- A Bogus Beluga Rationale (timzimmermann.com)
- Beluga whales to be captured, jailed (whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.com)
- Urge Georgia Aquarium to abandon it’s plans to import 18 Beluga Whales (vancouveranimalrightscampaigns.wordpress.com)
- The Cruel Trade in Beluga Whales Needs to End (hsus.typepad.com)
- Help Spare Beluga Whales a Lifetime of Confinement (preciousjules1985.wordpress.com)
- Georgia Aquarium Wants To Import 18 Wild Caught Belugas (businessinsider.com)
- Georgia Aquarium’s Beluga Whale Capture Comes Under Fire (wired.com)
- Beluga sighted in Montreal’s Old Port at risk of infection (cbc.ca)